[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Dalcroze Eurhythmics Workshop-final version

Dawn Pratson dpratson at aol.com
Tue Mar 13 15:39:10 EDT 2018

 Dalcroze Philadelphia announces a workshop(flyer attached):

Dalcroze Eurhythmics for Musicians/Composers, Dancers/Choreographers and Arts Therapists.

Saturday, April 14, 2018, 10:00 am - 1:00 pm with a potluck lunch chat to follow

Temple University
Studio 221
Pearson Hall,
1800 N. Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19122

To Register email Taish Bruton:  tue41207 at temple.edu

Workshop Presenters: Lisa Parker and Dawn Pratson (see attached flyer for brief bios)

Working with the premise that the body is our primary musical instrument, this workshop weaves playful creativity with musical rigor. We will use our voice (melodic and harmonic tasks), movement (improvisation, gesture, stepping, clapping) and instruments in collaborative experiences to explore the music-movement relationship. We will make our own music, work with live music as well as recorded music. Our goal is to experience joy in making and responding to music, and to provide stimulating ideas for application in education, composition, therapy.