[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Aggressive Snuggling with visiting artist Eroca Nicols

The Whole Shebang art.at.shebang at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 10:27:42 EST 2018

"It's somewhere between queer self-defense-and-survival and
embodied-risk-taking-with-agency movement practice." We say YES to that.

*Aggressive Snuggling: From the Politics of Touch to the Poetics of Touch *
*with Eroca Nicols*
*March 6-9 and 10-11*
*sign up now to reserve your spot! *

In this workshop, we'll explore ways of practicing consent and give power
to many ways of being in the room. We'll use the explicit consent codes of
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu as a starting point and follow where the group wants to
go from there, moving into improvisational exploration and partnering to
examine boundaries and the steps that exist just being in the room together
- the power of touch. And we'll do it with care and openness where there is
space to opt out, to be overwhelmed. We will go slow. It is for all
experience levels.

two opportunities to participate:
weekday session Tuesday March 6 - Friday March 9 12-3pm
weekend session Sat March 10 + Sun March 11 11am-5pm
whole session: sliding scale $85-125 before Feb 7 / $100-150 after
drop ins: $35 single weekday / $55 single weekend session

*more info and to
register: http://www.thewholeshebangphilly.com/take-classes/aggressive-snuggling-with-eroca-nicols
<http://www.thewholeshebangphilly.com/take-classes/aggressive-snuggling-with-eroca-nicols>*