[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Call for Choreographers

Diane Sharp corpdancer at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 13 14:23:50 EST 2018

Less than two weeks left to apply...Deadline Feb. 26th!  SHARP Dance Company's Spring Season Performance wants to help Build community!  If youare a choreographer or dance company we would love for you to come share thestage with us in Act One/Act Two at the Performance Garage this Spring. We would like to give your work an opportunity to be seen by our audience andcultivate a more cohesive community in the Philadelphia dance world.SHARP islooking for two different choreographers/companies to be a part of the April 27& 28, 2018 performance at The Performance Garage.  Each company willeither open act one or act two of the night.

What we will supply:
-Freeperformance of one piece/section of work up to 10 minutes to be performed 3times the weekend of April 27th:

FridayApril 27, 2018 at 8:00PM, Saturday April 28, 2018 at 5PM and at 8PM.

-Freetech time for the performance the week of the performance.

-Freelighting design for your piece.

-Freephotos of your performance.

-Theability for your work to be seen on stage and space for your promotionalmaterials to be displayed.

-Freeadvertising in mailing, programs and posters.What we need from you:

-Fillout the application form on our website:  http://www.sharpdance.org/SHARP_Dance_Company/Application_for_ActONE_ActTWO.html-Submita link to 1 or 2 completed pieces (we will only be choosing one) you would liketo present (each piece must be 10 minutes or less).  Rehearsal videos arefine.

-Paythe $10 application fee.

-Sella minimum of 10 tickets total for the run of the weekend.

-Beavailable to dance for all three performances.

-Signa contract if your piece is chosen.The small print AKA rules:

-Thisis for professional quality applicants only, so no children shows or recreationaldance, however, all styles of dance are accepted.

-Youmust be available for all three performances and be prompt and professional.

-Youmust sell a minimum of 10 tickets or make a payment to the company for what thetickets would be worth.

-You must supply yourown dancers for the performance, this is not an opportunity to set work onSHARP Dance Company members.-Thework you present on the video must be the work you present on stage.-Youmust sign a contract binding these rules to SHARP Dance Company.

-Youmust allow SHARP to promote this event using photos or thecompany/choreographers name.

Thank you again for yourinterest in helping to build the dance