[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Tomorrow--Friday am contemporary class at The Iron Factory

Kate Seethaler kate.seethaler at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 18:28:34 EST 2018

**Join Kate Seethaler every Friday morning at The Iron Factory for open
contemporary class—a hearty practice for the body and soul!

*We are expanding our exploration of focus these next few weeks. How does
what we see, what we can't see, what we choose not to see impact our
embodiment of movement? Let's direct our eyes and our full-body attention
to enhance our specificity, our risk-taking and our experience of the
surroundings!

—10-11:30 am at The Iron Factory (3rd floor of 118 Fontain St)

—$10 class fee (cash, check, PayPal or venmo)

—Class continues weekly!

*Friday morning contemporary technique with Kate Seethaler is an
intermediate-advanced level dance class open to anyone who wants to move
thoughtfully. Working towards a grounded and direct approach to movement,
our practice is infused with somatic principles and experiential
improvisations. Class work explores a variety of contemporary dance
practices, including sensation-based floor work, improvisational scores,
technically-focused warmup exercises, nuanced phrase work, and much more.
We unpack the physics of movement, ride the wave of momentum, sweep
unabashedly through space, and hone our perceptions to find sublime
subtlety. Senses of fun and curiosity are the only prerequisites. Join us!

KATE SEETHALER is an improviser, choreographer, dance educator, performer,
and new Philadelphian. Her artistic work moves from questions about the
audience/performer relationship, the line (if one exists) between serious
and silly, and utilizing improvisation to access other realms. Kate has had
the recent pleasures of working with choreographers Deborah Goffe/Scapegoat
Garden, Katie Martin, Stephanie Turner, Barbie Diewald, and Rabble & Twine.
She was most recently the artist-in-residence at the School for
Contemporary Dance & Thought (Northampton, MA), during which time
she created a new evening-length work--Homing--with four collaborating
dancers. Kate has served on the faculties of Springfield College, School
for Contemporary Dance & Thought, Aldrich Pilates, The Taft School, and at
Smith College as a Gretchen Moran Teaching Fellow. She earned her MFA in
Dance/Choreography and Performance from Smith College in 2016, and her BA
from Springfield College in 2008. Kate can't wait to meet and dance with
the folks of Philly!

--
*Kate Seethaler*, MFA
teaching artist, The Iron Factory