[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] EARLY BIRD DEADLINE for Aggressive Snuggling + class with Shannon Murphy tomorrow

The Whole Shebang art.at.shebang at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 13:44:46 EST 2018

*TOMORROW, Wednesday Feb 7, IS THE EARLY BIRD DEADLINE FOR:*
*Aggressive Snuggling: From the Politics of Touch to the Poetics of Touch *
*with Eroca Nicols*
*March 6-9 and 10-11*
*sign up now to save some bucks and reserve your spot! *

In this workshop, we'll explore ways of practicing consent and give power
to many ways of being in the room. We'll use the explicit consent codes of
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu as a starting point and follow where the group wants to
go from there, potentially moving into improvisational exploration and
partnering to examine boundaries and the steps that exist just being in the
room together - the power of touch. And we'll do it with care and openness
where there is space to opt out, to be overwhelmed. We will go slow. This
workshop is somewhere between queer self defense and survival and embodied
risk taking with agency practice. It is for all experience levels.

two opportunities to participate:
weekday session Tuesday March 6 - Friday March 9 12-3pm
weekend session Sat March 10 + Sun March 11 11am-5pm
whole session: sliding scale $85-125 before Feb 7 / $100-150 after
drop ins: $35 single weekday / $55 single weekend session

*more info and to
register: http://www.thewholeshebangphilly.com/take-classes/aggressive-snuggling-with-eroca-nicols
<http://www.thewholeshebangphilly.com/take-classes/aggressive-snuggling-with-eroca-nicols>*

*AND---*

*Dancing Dynamically, Autonomously with Shannon Murphy continues tomorrow
Wednesday Feb 7 10-11:30am. *(continues Wednesdays through May)
Intermediate/Advanced technique class
$12 for working artists/students
$15 general
$10 with a 5 or 10 class card
more info and to pre-purchase:
http://www.thewholeshebangphilly.com/take-classes/shannon

Dancing Dynamically, Autonomously, blends the imagery and functional
anatomy of Franklin Method with contemporary dance practices. Geared toward
professionals, the class challenges both the body and mind with direction
changes, alternating between sides of the body, and moving in and out of
the floor. Shannon is interested in playing with the body through phrase
work, looking for dynamic ranges that come from desire and sensation as
well as from other stimuli such as sound, the specifics of the studio, and
the other bodies dancing. Class often entails Franklin Method fascial warm
ups, improvisation, detailed floor and phrase work, and small jumps.
Contact knee pads are suggested.