[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] $15 industry tickets to Sp3 at FringeArts

Raina Searles raina at fringearts.com
Fri Feb 2 13:08:52 EST 2018

*Sp3 by <fidget> at FringeArts has two more performances at 8pm tonight
(Friday) and Saturday!*

Artists can use the discount code "artist15" to get $15 tickets to these
performances while tickets are still available!
<http://fringearts.com/event/space-pulse-patten-presence/>

In our age of social media and political division, simply being together
has become a political act.  In a highly physical and expressive
performance, Sp3 explores themes of alienation and the technologized self.
Acclaimed Philadelphia dance collective <fidget> explores the concept of
"presence" to ask: how can one remain present, embodied, and engaged?  How
can the body resist complacency and be a site of resistance?

A collaboration between choreographer Megan Bridge and composer Peter
Price, Sp3 is rooted in music that relies on computer algorithms to produce
a layered, multifaceted sound world.  Dancers respond to this sonic
tapestry with clear, formal architectures and densely textured movement,
both responding to the computerized music and fighting to remain autonomous
from it.

http://fringearts.com/event/space-pulse-patten-presence/

--
*Raina Searles*