[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Starts Friday! Choreographic workshop with Susan Rethorst - scholarships available!

Gabrielle Revlock redhorsephilly at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 08:29:22 EST 2017

A Choreographic Mind with Susan Rethorst
December 29 - December 31, 2017
Register: https://goo.gl/xkBXfG

**Scholarships available--scroll down for details.

*DESCRIPTION*: Over three days participants examine in practice what
choreography is and does.  Where does it come from?  What is it for?  What
are some ways to fuel one's work with one's questions?  Participants will
reflect on the nature of movement and its communicative capacity and get
inside the making of work with specific regard to issues of continuity,
time, phrasing and sequence.

Participants are asked to show work frequently/constantly and to consider
what the nature of the material demands, including modes of
production/presentation. No previous dance experience required.

*In Susan’s words*:
I teach from the point of view that making is an endless quest with ever
shifting ground. I encourage an attitude of fueling work with one's
questions, not regarding plans or themes as prerequisites. I regard
teaching as a conversational mode; my exercises are proposals in action. I
am interested in giving students the ability to recognize and access states
necessary to making work; intuition, perception, cognition, interiority,
emotional distance, spontaneity, pleasure, will, reflection, humor.

DATES: Friday, December 29 - Sunday, December 31, 2017
TIME: 11am-4:30pm daily (45-minute lunch break)
LOCATION: REDHORSE STUDIO, 1550 East Montgomery Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19125
FEE: $250*. Scholarships available for visual artists (non-dancers). Those
selected will receive a discount of $150 making the 3-day course $100. Send
inquiries to redhorsephilly at gmail.com.

Register: https://goo.gl/xkBXfG

--
REDHORSE STUDIO <http://susanrethorst.com/redhorse-studio>, Philadelphia, PA

December 29-31, 2017 - A Choreographic Mind workshop
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfFpDWOICJ49BtKDJHfcM2P4U-_zmrqzVxpPCti2mSV4rJGWw/viewform>,
11am-4:30pm daily
January 23, 2018 - *Stealing from Myself* excerpt at Center for Performance
Research <http://www.cprnyc.org/>, Brooklyn
February 21-24, 2018 - The Making Room
<http://newyorklivearts.org/event/the-making-room/> with Bebe Miller at New
York Live Arts