[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Today! See dance and share feedback at A Series of Informal Events, and then dance with us in our last Movement Practice of the year on Tuesday!

Katherine Stark thenakedstark at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 09:56:34 EST 2017

The Naked Stark presents
*A Series of Informal Events*

Sunday, December 17th | 5:00pm
at Mascher Space Cooperative | 155 Cecil B Moore, Philadelphia, PA, 19122
$5-10 Suggested Donation | No one will be turned away!

See The Naked Stark's latest project and give us feedback!  *Katherine
Kiefer-Stark, Sean Thomas Boyt,* and *Loren Groenendaal *will each be
showing work this month.  Wine and delicious snacks will be provided during
the feedback session with the artists.

The Naked Stark is previewing new material for *Visible Structures*, a
trilogy examining the age-old story of the hero's journey as a historical
construction and pop-culture phenomenon. The work looks at the story as a
narrative and as a set of conceptual frameworks for power and oppression.
The full length work premieres at Mascher: May 17-20, 2018.

Sean Thomas Boyt will be showing *Golden Era*, a brand-new duet with
dancers Marisa Illingworth and Margot Electra Steinberg. This romp
superficially investigates ideas of performance and intimacy through
repetition, conversation, and nearly synchronized dancing.

Vervet Dance, directed by Loren Groenendaal, will be showing a durational
improvisation, *In The Light*!

Facebook Event Link <https://www.facebook.com/events/132519154080497/>

and

*Movement Practice with The Naked Stark*

Tuesday 12/5: 10:00am - 11:30am
at Mascher Space Cooperative | 155 Cecil B Moore, Philadelphia, PA, 19122
$10 Drop-In | $32 Four-Class Cards

Initiation & Follow-Through: A release-based technique class with *Katherine
Kiefer Stark / The Naked Stark*

Blending Kline Technique, Safety Release Technique, and release technique,
Katherine's class is an energetic exploration of movement from the inside
out. Emphasis is placed on the initiation of the movement and the path
the various
body parts take in space to discover how one's own body moves
within the movement. We embrace the space through phrases that move in and
out of the floor and carry us in and out of balance. Class begins quietly
and gradually builds in complexity, culminating in a dynamic phrase.
Sleeves and knee-pads or long pants are recommended.

Tuesday 12/19's Movement Practice will be our last of 2017!  Join us again
when we're back in the studio: *January 9th, 2018*!

* thenakedstark.com <http://www.thenakedstark.com/> - **Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/The-Naked-Stark-414163562036477/>* *- Instagram
<http://instagram.com/thenakedstark>* *- Vimeo
<https://vimeo.com/user21652599>*