[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Thursday class with Amalia

Amalia Wiatr Lewis amalia.raye at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 06:57:45 EST 2017

 Dance Class with Amalia

2 more classes!
This Thursday, Dec 14
and next Thursday, Dec 21
from 12-1:30

This fun, technical movement class will explore different ways of initiating movement through anatomical landmarks, alignment principles, and natural geometries in the body. We will begin with a warm-ups designed to ground, locate, and mobilize parts of the body. With that information, we will move through larger phrases that play with gestural and idiosyncratic movement, weight shifting, changes of direction, and dynamic energy changes. Expect great jams and to get a little sweaty. Long pants and sleeves recommended.

Where: Mascher Space, 155 Cecil B Moore, Philadelphia, PA, 19122

Cost: Pay what you want (suggested donation $5-$10) and feedback on the class (new to teaching!)

Amalia Wiatr Lewis is an interdisciplinary dance artist. Her dance work asks questions of space, time, and relationships through the exploration of idiosyncratic gesture, somatic practices, and improvisational scores. Her current movement practice uses abstract experiments to explore ideas of domesticity, gender politics, internal psyches, and the self and the other.