[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] IT'S ALMOST HERE! Philly Nutt Crak-Up

info at contempradance.com info at contempradance.com
Fri Dec 8 10:07:47 EST 2017

Princess Leia, Cheesesteaks and Presents, Oh My! It's that time of year...

Opening Night is next Friday!!!

Dancers are SO excited and can't wait to meet and mingle with all of you
after the performance!

Get your tickets now!

ContempraDANCE Theatre Company presents "Philly Nutt Crak-Up" 2017

December 15, 16, 17

By popular demand, ContempraDANCE Theatre's "Philly Nutt Crak-Up" is back in
Philadelphia for our final season of sheer entertainment at the Painted
Bride. Join the infamous Rappin SugarPlum Fairy, battling Hip Hoppin Rats,
City Hall Dolls, Captain Philadelphia and Liberty Belle-Anne, as they are
sure to amaze audiences with this  "nutty" take-off of the classic
Nutcracker. Philly Nutt Crak Up  is based on an original rap song written by
the SugarPlum Fairy herself. With her, you will travel to the Kingdom of
Prussia and witness feats of theatrical entertainment including superheros,
kung-fu fighting, dancing and performances by the Penn's Angels and our very
own Rocky with the South Street Rocky-Ettes. "Wonder Woman" will also return
this year with super charged battling power to entertain you! "Philly Nutt
Crak-Up" is filled with references to local Philadelphia places,
personalities, foods and skylines, combining comedy, hip-hop, jazz, modern
and ballet dance creating a memorable event for our audience. Philly Nutt
Crak-Up features the choreography of critically acclaimed Artistic Director
Gail Vartanian as well as renowned hip hop artist from throughout the area.
"Philly Nutt Crak-Up" has been featured in Philadelphia Magazine, Dance
Magazine, the City Paper, a feature segment on Channel 6 ABC's Prime Time
Weekly show, NBC's 10 show and Channel 17's Eye Opener segment. New acts,
new faces! Fun for all ages, even your DAD. You don't want to miss this one!
http://contempradance.com/theatre/thtr_video13.html

Painted Bride Art Center

230 Vine Street, Philadelphia

Showtimes:

December 15 @ 7:30

December 16 @ 2:00 & 7:30

December 17 @ 1:00

Tickets:   $30 general admission

(group rates available for 15 or more. Please call 610.225.3007 to reserve
group rate tickets)

Order tickets online at:
https://paintedbride.org/events/philly-nut-crak-up-2017/

Parking Information: http://contempradance.com/theatre/thtr_show_park.html

*Please allow ample time to get to the city and find parking. The parking
lots can get full closer to show time. There is always street parking if you
get there early enough

Following the matinees,  ContempraDANCE Theatre Company host the "Youth
Regional Dance Festival". (included with your ticket purchase).
Pre-professional youth companies will perform on stage immediately following
the Philly Nutt Crak-Up performance!

Opening night fun!!.. Meet the Nutty cast after the Friday evening show and
mingle with the dancers!

Pre-show!!... join us Friday and Saturday evening at 6:30 for wine, beer and
cheese!

Saturday and Sunday!!...Get autographs and photos taken with your favorite
characters after the matinees!

For more information call 610.225.3007 info at contempradance.com
www.contempradancetheatre.org

Join us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ContempraDanceTheatreCompany/