[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Friday morning class with Kate Seethaler—continuing weekly through December into 2018!

Kate Seethaler kate.seethaler at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 15:12:10 EST 2017

**Join Kate Seethaler every Friday morning for her open contemporary class—a hearty practice for the body and soul!**

*And great news, we will continue beyond December 15th and into the new year. Woohoo--come play!*

—10-11:30 am at The Iron Factory (3rd floor of 118 Fontain St)
—$10 class fee (cash, check, or PayPal via The Iron Factory's class page: http://www.theironfactory.org/workshop-schedule)
—long sleeves and pants suggested
—Class will continue weekly!

*Friday morning contemporary technique with Kate Seethaler is an intermediate-advanced level dance class open to anyone who wants to move thoughtfully. Working towards a grounded and direct approach to movement, our practice is infused with somatic principles and experiential improvisations. Class work explores a variety of contemporary dance practices, including sensation-based floor work, improvisational scores, technically-focused warmup exercises, nuanced phrase work, and much more. We unpack the physics of movement, ride the wave of momentum, sweep unabashedly through space, and hone our perceptions to find sublime subtlety. Senses of fun and curiosity are the only prerequisites. Join us!

KATE SEETHALER is an improviser, choreographer, dance educator, performer, and newly relocated Philadelphian. Her artistic work moves from questions about the audience/performer relationship, the line (if one exists) between serious and silly, and utilizing improvisation to access other realms. Kate has had the recent pleasures of working with choreographers Deborah Goffe/Scapegoat Garden, Katie Martin, Stephanie Turner, Barbie Diewald, and Rabble & Twine. She was most recently the artist-in-residence at the School for Contemporary Dance & Thought (Northampton, MA), during which time she created a new evening-length work--Homing--with four collaborating dancers. Kate has served on the faculties of Springfield College, School for Contemporary Dance & Thought, Aldrich Pilates, The Taft School, and at Smith College as a Gretchen Moran Teaching Fellow. She earned her MFA in Dance/Choreography and Performance from Smith College in 2016, and her BA from Springfield College in 2008. Kate can't wait to meet and dance with the folks of Philly!