[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Modern Dance and Composition for ages 7-11 is Tuesdays 5:30-6:30pm

Loren Groenendaal lorengroenendaal at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 20:49:26 EST 2017

Please consider sending your child and/or spreading the word with other
budding young dancers.

"Making Moves" is a unique course with a technical foundation in modern
dance and compositional opportunities with choreography and improvisation.

More info below!

Best,
Loren

*MAKING MOVES for ages 7-11**
Tuesdays 5:30-6:30 PM
University City Arts League <http://www.ucartsleague.org/>
4226 Spruce Street. Philadelphia, PA 19104
3rd floor rear dance studio
Fall Session 2: November 14th- December 19th, 2017
*Registration Link:* https://makingmoves-tu-712-west-fall2-2017.
eventbrite.com <https://makingmoves-tu-712-west-fall2-2017.eventbrite.com/>

*This class was originally designed for 8-11 year olds, but I will open
this class up to 7 year olds/ 2nd graders if they have studied with me or
have significant dance training.

*This class provides training in beginning and intermediate level modern
dance technique while also offering students opportunities to create their
own movements and dances through improvisational and choreographic
structures, all while having fun and being empowered. We're Making Moves!*

INSTRUCTOR BIO:
Loren Groenendaal has been dancing since age 6, improvising her entire
life, and teaching independently for the past 17 years with years of
apprenticeship prior. As a teacher, she has taught all ages, but her focus
has been teaching creative movement to children, ages 2-12 and Modern Dance
to all ages. She is a dedicated performer of dance, choreographed and
improvised. She holds a BA in Dance and Visual Arts from Oberlin College,
an MFA in Dance from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, and is
a Certified Movement Analyst from the Laban/Bartenieff Institute of
Movement Studies. She is a founding member of The H-O-T Series and The
Impermanent Society of Philadelphia <http://www.impermanentsociety.com/>,
which supports freely improvised dance and music in performance; a key
organizer and teacher for the Philadelphia Contact Improvisation community
<http://contactimprovphilly.com/>and the founding Artistic Director of Vervet
Dance <http://www.vervetdance.org/>, through which she produces much of her
creative work.

Other classes for kids and adults listed at https://www.lorentea
chesmovement.com/

*Loren Groenendaal*
MFA in Choreography
BA in Dance and Visual Arts
Certified Movement Analyst
Freelance Teaching Artist as Loren Teaches Movement
<https://www.lorenteachesmovement.com/>
Founding Artistic Director of Vervet Dance <http://www.vervetdance.org/>
Founding Member, Curator of Impermanent Society of Philadelphia
<http://www.impermanentsociety.com/>
Founding Member, Board Member, Artist in Residence of Mascher Space
Cooperative <http://mascherdance.com/>

Accepting secure tax deductible donations to Vervet Dance through Fractured
Atlas
<https://www.fracturedatlas.org/site/fiscal/profile?id=8174#about_project> to
support our ongoing expenses and upcoming projects.