[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] not too late!: Flying Low with Sarah Chien 10/28

Lily Kind lily at lilykind.org
Fri Oct 27 18:13:47 EDT 2017

*Saturday/Sunday October 28/29 – Flying Low with Sarah Chien from NYC*

https://www.facebook.com/events/1691080354258587/

Schedule: 10 am-12 pm / break / 1 - 3 pm

Cost: $50-$75 suggested  - or pay what you can for 4 hours of awesome.

Location: First Unitarian Church of Philadelphia 2125 Chestnut St
<https://maps.google.com/?q=2125+Chestnut+St&entry=gmail&source=g>

email Lily Kind w/ Q: lily at lilykind.org

Pathways Through Us: Flying Low and Passing Through

Rooted in the work of David Zambrano with some inspiration from qi-gong, we
will research ways of directing our energy through space dynamically,
energetically and creatively with other humans. In Passing Through, our
bodies become shared terrain for an every-shifting group improvisation. We
walk, run, lead and follow--- awakening the reactivity and connection
between floor, feet, hands, and body center. Then Flying Low reveals our
own bodies' efficient, spiral pathways for going into and out of the floor.
Together these practices help us to transform our bodies, the group and the
space in which we play. Training doesn’t culminate in phrase work, but
rather progresses through solo and group investigations. How can we each
become a conduit between earth and sky, one person and another?

More about flying low:

http://www.davidzambrano.org/?page_id=279

https://vimeo.com/191535587

Sarah Chien is a dancer, improviser and world traveler. She spent the last
4 years as a company member with Andre Zachery/Renegade Performance Group
and now creates her own improvised works with various collaborators. Among
her influential training/performing experiences she counts working with
Sydnie L. Mosley Dances, performing with Jody Sperling/Time Lapse Dance,
living in Ecuador, studying at Barnard College, training at Deltebre Dansa.
Her solo and collaborative work has been shown at Brooklyn Studios for
Dance, Center for Performance Research, Triskelion Arts, Arts on Site,
Eden’s Expressway and Chez Bushwick. She was the ony American invited to
study Flying Low and Passing Through intensively with David Zambrano at
EXIN 2016 in Spain.  In 2013 she founded Floor Friends, an organization
through which she curates and produces classes, workshops and performances.
She has taught classes and workshops in NYC at Chez Bushwick, Mark Morris,
Gibney Dance and Brooklyn Studios for Dance.

​
--
she/her/they
www.lilykind.org <http://lilykind.org>