[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Dance Instructor Position open at UCAL

Loren Groenendaal lorengroenendaal at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 18:41:38 EDT 2017

Hello Philadelphia Dance Community,

I enjoy teaching dance at the University City Arts League and you may too.
They are looking to add a Wednesday afterschool class and other dance
programming too.

More INFO below.

REPLIES GO TO Jeremy Sims at  *jobs at ucartsleague.org
<jobs at ucartsleague.org>.*

Best,
Loren G

*JOB DESCRIPTION—TEACHING ARTIST YOUTH CLASS K-2nd Grade*

UCAL is seeking experienced, passionate Art teacher for our Winter Family
programming in the following dance disciplines:

·        Experimental

·        Hula Hooping

·        Ballet

·        Interpretive/performative

·        Contemporary/other

Our Adult & Family Arts education classes run Monday-Sunday during the mid
mornings to the evenings and can be between 1-3 hours in length.

*We are currently looking for a Dance Instructor for Wednesdays from 4:00
to 5:30*

Pay scale: $20- $30, commensurate with experience.

The University City Arts League (UCAL) is a nonprofit organization
dedicated to education and cultural enrichment in the arts. UCAL serves
people of all ages in our diverse community.  We have three primary
imperatives: (1) To provide a venue for people of diverse backgrounds to
experience the arts; (2) To encourage and support the development of the
arts; and (3) To bring the arts to the community through partnership and
educational outreach. We pursue these imperatives through classes,
exhibits, performances and special events giving particular attention to
emerging and local artists.  We believe in the importance of the arts to
enrich individual lives, to improve the quality of life in a community and,
therefore, to serve as an important contributor in the community.

*The ideal candidate will:*

·        Be an experienced and enthusiastic educator.

·        Be knowledgeable of your artistic discipline, and capable of
communicating best practices to students of varying skill levels.

·        Be comfortable maintaining order in classrooms and during play
activities if working with youth.

·        Be responsible and reliable.

·        Have a passion for working in arts education.

*Qualifications:*

·        Experience working as an arts educator and creating lesson plans.

·        Excellent communication and classroom management.

·        Must have criminal background check and other appropriate
clearances for working with children (if applicable).

*To Apply:*

*If your background, interest and experience are compatible with this
opportunity, please send an e-mail describing your experience, and a resume
to **jobs at ucartsleague.org <jobs at ucartsleague.org>**.  No phone calls,
please.*

Jeremy Sims
Program Manager