[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Weekly Classes at The Iron Factory

Andy Thierauf athierauf at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 16:12:38 EDT 2017

Weekly Classes at The Iron Factory
118 Fontain St. 3rd Floor

Wednesdays, 6-7:30pm with Crystal Willison

Fridays, 10-11:30am with Kate Seethaler

all classes $10

Crystal teaches a class for the untrained, the trained, and the curious. It
is a space in which all movers can grow and learn together. Although based
in Modern dance the class will entail universal phrase work that is both
natural and intriguing. As a whole we will move from the depths of who we
are and embrace the stories of those moving with us.

Friday morning contemporary technique with Kate Seethaler is an
intermediate-advanced level dance class. Working towards a grounded and
direct approach to movement, our practice is infused with somatic
principles and experiential improvisations. Class work explores a variety
of contemporary dance practices, including sensation-based floor work,
improvisational scores, technically-focused warmup exercises, nuanced
phrase work, and much more. We unpack the physics of movement, ride the
wave of momentum, sweep unabashedly through space, and hone our perceptions
to find sublime subtlety. Join us! Senses of fun and curiosity are the only
prerequisites.