[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Feldenkrais classes in Philly next week

Megan Wilson Stern mcwilson3 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 10:14:53 EDT 2017

I'm offering three *Feldenkrais Method*®  *Awareness Through Movement*® classes
in Philly next week. These classes are appropriate for anyone--  no
movement experience is necessary and physical limitations are not a
problem. All three classes will be different, and you can drop-in or take
them all. If possible, bring your own towel and/or blanket to lie on. Yoga
mats are sometimes helpful also.

*Awareness Through Movement*® classes are a series of gentle movements with
directed attention that excite curiosity while allowing the body and mind
to relax. Classes are interesting and enjoyable whether your aim is improve
performance, feel more comfortable in daily life, or spend some time in
meditative movement. Students increase awareness of themselves and improve
comfort and efficiency in movement through self-discovery.

*When: *October 10, 11, and 12 (Tuesday-Thursday) from 6-7pm
*Where: *The Art Room, 2329 S. 3rd St. 2nd Floor
 *How Much: *$10 per class or $25 for all three.

Interested, but can't make it this time? Feel free to contact me to inquire
about other times and options!

*And here's bit more about The Feldenkrais Method*®*:*

*The Feldenkrais Method®* is a remarkable approach to human movement,
learning and change originally developed by Moshe Feldenkrais. The method
is based on sound principles of physics, neurology and physiology, and the
conditions under which the nervous system learns best. *Feldenkrais*(sometimes
called Feldenkrais therapy) is recognized for the strategies it employs to
improve posture, flexibility, coordination, athletic and artistic ability
and to help those with restricted movement, chronic pain and tension
(including back pain and other common ailments), as well as neurological,
developmental and psychological problems.

*The Feldenkrais Method* explores the biological and cultural aspects of
movement,  posture and learning, and how our habits can constrain us to a
small portion of our potential. Through our personal history, upbringing,
culture, injuries, illness, etc., we each adopt patterns of physical and
psychological behavior. These patterns are deeply embedded in our nervous
system, and often become outmoded or dysfunctional, creating unnecessary
physical, and psychological limitations. *The Feldenkrais Method* uses a
process of organic learning, movement, and sensing to free you from
habitual patterns and allow for new patterns of thinking, moving and
feeling to emerge.