[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Early bird discount for Neige Christenson's CI workshop

Nicole Bindler nicolebindler at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 00:08:50 EDT 2017

*Honing the Honest Body: a Contact Improvisation workshop *
with Neige Christenson

October 28th & 29th, 10:00am-5:00pm
at the Performance Garage <http://www.performancegarage.org/visit-us>,
Philadelphia, PA
Register now for the early bird rate!
<http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/ci/neige-registration.html>

The practice of Contact Improvisation stimulates physical creativity, self
awareness, and the ability to listen and communicate in exquisite detail
with the entire body. We will practice expanding our spherical skills:
finding ease with inversions, opening up our back-space, and practicing
falling softly and safely. I'm interested in identifying and questioning
the ways in which we hold ourselves back from full expression, and what
could be released in our dancing if we open up new pathways.

*Neige Christenson* has been an enthusiastic Contact Improviser since the
eighties, as a devoted jam facilitator, teacher, and performer. Her
teaching encourages spontaneous composition by opening the mind and body to
full presence and connection with self and other. She holds a Masters in
Therapy from Lesley University, and offers classes and coaching in Contact
Improvisation and Authentic Movement in the Boston area.

Prerequisites: Basic familiarity with CI fundamentals

Early registration deadline
<http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/ci/neige-registration.html>: October 7th

Full-time student, underemployed: $150 / $125 (early reg)
Earning a sustainable income: $175 / $150 (early reg)
Contributing to retirement account: $200 / $175 (early reg)

For more information check out the event page on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/events/114604335931007/> or email
info at contactimprovphilly.com