[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Radical World Building two-day workshop

Thomas IsTitanic thomasistitanic at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 10:07:32 EDT 2017

*WORKSHOP: RADICAL WORLD BUILDING*
October 21st + 22nd, 10am-4pm

*How do we make art in this tumultuous political moment?*
*Can we use art to manifest our desires for a better society?*
*How can political performance be powerful without being didactic?*

Join Mary Tuomanen and Thomas Choinacky of radical theater collective
Applied Mechanics to learn how to transform your critical analysis into
potent, artistic action.  Whether you have taken our workshops before, or
whether you are approaching this work for the first time, this introductory
to intermediate course will help you investigate how to manifest your
desires for a better society through art.

Applied Mechanics is a radical theater collective. Our process is highly
collaborative and based on a commitment to organizational and artistic
innovation. We are inspired by dioramas, theme parties, choose-your-own
adventure books, zines, feminism, collectivity, and social justice
movements. We believe that art can be a powerful force in the struggle
against nationalism, fascism, misogyny, racism, xenophobia, and bigotry.
The art we make is part of that fight.

This workshop will consist of two five-hour days at 1812 Productions
Offices in South Philadelphia. Snacks will be provided. Space is limited.
Registration required. Sign up and more about Applied Mechanics @
www.appliedmechanics.us.