[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] in the shadows - October 14th

Loren McFalls loren.c.mcfalls at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 16:27:33 EDT 2017

femme. collective
in the shadows
Saturday, October 14th at 2 & 8 p.m.

Performance Garage
1515 Brandywine Street
Philadelphia, PA

Tickets available at www.danceboxoffice.com
Advance: $18
Day of Show: $20
Senior, Student, and PhiladelphiaDANCE Card Member discounts available

“How can there be light that throws no shadows? There is no good that is
not opposed by evil” – C.G. Jung

A shadow resides in each of us. Inspired by the work of psychologist and
psychoanalyst, C.G. Jung, we explore the Shadow archetype through physical
movement. Jung describes the “Shadow self” as something that consists of
the negative expressions we avoid revealing others, and at times,
ourselves. What we show the world, our Ego, is afraid of the capabilities
of our Shadow and therefore suppresses it, ignoring that it is essential to
who we are. Using dance as our medium, we invite what is buried to surface
and compliment our light.

Help fund our journey here:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/in-the-shadows-feminism/x/2437291#/

-----

femme. collective is a group of feminist-minded artists based in
Philadelphia, PA. Formed in the summer of 2015, their aim is to bring more
art and artist collaborations to the city through networking and showcase
opportunities. The people of femme. collective continue to empower each
other, support the artistic endeavors of their peers, and provide a
platform for feminist-driven artists to collaborate in sharing their
passions.

*loren mcfalls*

www.lorenmcfalls.com
678.425.4555 | facebook <https://www.facebook.com/loren.c.mcfalls> | twitter