[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Lick My Gun and Get What You Need in April

zornitsa at herebegindance.com zornitsa at herebegindance.com
Tue Mar 28 15:24:08 EDT 2017

Hello dance community,
The April Get What you Need is coming fast.
Email me back if you’d like to present something for feedback. Two more spots available. Also, later this month I’m showing my work in progress at Mascher… its free and I need feedback.  Everyone is welcome!

Get What You Need in April
Sunday April 9th 3pm – 5pm (note time change)
At Mascher Space Co-op
155 Cecil B. Moore Ave.
Phila, PA
FREE

Showing:
Noa Schnizter
Who else?

Get what you need is a way to support and engage in conversation about the work and life of a dance maker. Sign up in advance by emailing: zornitsa at herebegindance.com to reserve your 30 minute slot. You can do whatever you want with your time (show a piece, talk about a concept, go through budgets, brainstorm funding, anything connected to you as a dancer and dance maker). Invite your friends and collaborators – low stakes, good conversation!
Zornitsa will be present and available as a resource.
Events will be open to the public, but not heavily marketed, so it really is from the dance community for the dance community.

Last date of this season:
May 14th, 2017
Then taking a break until November 2017.

Lick My Gun Group Showing

Sat. April 15th @ 8 pm
Mascher Space Coop
155 Cecil B. Moore Ave.
Phila, PA

FREE or pay what you want
Dancers are:  Nicole Bindler, LeeAnne Harvey, Haylee Warner, Mira Treatman, Elizabeth Weinstein, Harlee Trautman.

What is an act of violence?
Towards you?
Towards me?
Towards each other?
Would you consider killing another human?  Why?
Would you accept a gun as a present?
Why not?
Do you often feel powerless?

For almost 3 months I have been rehearsing with a group of dancers asking the above questions and exploring ideas around female sexuality tied to gun violence.  Statistics like, its almost 3 times more likely for you to be killed by your own child or any other toddler than any terrorist, strike home.
Actually, having kids makes you much more likely to die from gun violence than anything else in the U.S. Obviously, owing a gun increases that likelihood a whole lot more.

I've been trying to synthesize these ideas all together into different movement modalities and we NEED YOUR HELP.  Come watch this very casual showing for free.  I will hold an official talk back and you are welcome to stay or go.   Come be part of the making of this piece that will premiere in 2018.

Zornitsa Stoyanova
805 . 340 . 2190

performance artist | curator | lighting designer | photographer | filmmaker | teacher
writer for thinkingdance.net

www.herebegindance.com

Sent from Mail for Windows 10