[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] RealLivePeople Presents: Impacting Spaces This Weekend

Sara Nye sara.c.nye at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 13:30:28 EST 2017

This Saturday and Sunday, February 18-19, *RealLivePeople Presents* returns
for the third year in a row. This year *RealLivePeople
Presents: Impacting Spaces* we will be presenting two like-minded companies
from the East Coast alongside our own work: RebollarDance
<http://rebollardance.com/> (Washington D.C.) and Deep Vision Dance Company
<http://www.deepvisiondancecompany.org/> (Baltimore, MD).

*Impacting Spaces* will also tour to D.C. February 25-26 and Baltimore
March 17-18. *RealLivePeople Presents* developed in 2015 from a desire
to further
investigate who we are as a company by connecting to the work of our peers,
and we at RealLivePeople <http://www.reallivepeople.org/> are thrilled to
be working with Rebollar and Deep Vision on this joint touring initiative. By
presenting works in our home cities and that of each other’s, we
investigate “space” in unique ways – the space of creation, psychological
spaces, and the perceived space between us.

*Deep Vision Dance Company’s Matter, Energy, Human* delves into the nature
of human existence and our connection to the greater universe.

*RebollarDance’s Space Junk* parallels the folds of space-time with
psychological spaces of the mind.

*RealLivePeople’s Presenting: You First, with the hope for
reciprocation* investigates
the tenacious, inner conflict of identity as a motivating force for social
behavior. (Philly audiences, you know this one. In her review of a previous
iteration for ThinkingDance, Zornitsa Stoyanova writes, “Presented in a
casual style through technically proficient bodies [the work] breaks all of
my expectations. Their bodies slither around each other, finding inverted
positions. Limbs organize into angles and arcs moving with jaw-dropping
elasticity. It is alive, new, and thrilling, and I dare not blink.”)

*Tickets are $18 for General Admission, $15 for Students/Artists. General
Admission tickets are available online
<http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2724528> or at the door.*

*Come. Get macrocosmic, get microcosmic, get psychological with us.*

For more information, contact Sara Nye at sara.c.nye at gmail.com or visit
http://www.reallivepeople.org/impacting-spaces.html.

--
Sara Nye

Project Manager / ¡BIENVENIDOS BLANCOS! OR WELCOME WHITE PEOPLE!
Alex Torra with Team Sunshine Performance Corporation
Premiering April 2018

Project Manager / Boris Charmatz: Dancing Dialogues / drexel.edu/charmatz
Dancer & Managing Director / RealLivePeople / reallivepeople.org
Program Manager / The Philadelphia Dance Academy /
philadelphiadanceacademy.com
Communications & Development Manager / Enchantment Theatre Company /
enchantmenttheatre.org