[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Call for Performances to be in the Round due Saturday, February 11

Loren Groenendaal lorengroenendaal at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 18:16:22 EST 2017

Vervet Dance presents "Making the Rounds,"
a performance series of works in-the-round,
rotating around Philadelphia, March 10-13, 2017

Vervet Dance <http://www.vervetdance.org/> is looking for emerging and
established artists to
perform new or old work ranging from 3-30 minutes that is appropriate
to be viewed from all sides with minimal tech.  Existing work created
for proscenium will be considered with a brief statement on why you
are excited to share it in the round and how you will translate the
work. Each evening will be curated by Loren Groenendaal,
<http://www.vervetdance.org/more-about-loren-groenendaal.php> long time
curator
and program coordinator of Mascher Space <http://mascherdance.com/>
and Impermanent
Society <http://www.impermanentsociety.com/> events.

Each evening will feature 50-80 minutes of performance in an intimate
low-tech in-the-round format. There will not be a tech or dress rehearsal.
We can be in the space 1 hour in advance to setup, meet each other, and
check spacing.
Some venues provide a piano, some do not. All venues have a stereo
with 1/8th inch cable for ipod/laptop hook up, but artists are responsible
for running their own sound.

Participating artists will receive a portion of the ticket sales from the
evening(s) their work is presented.

Friday March 10 @ 8pm, Mascher Space Cooperative
<http://www.mascherdance.org/>, Kensington (confirmed)
Saturday, March 11 (venue pending, probably northwest Philly with an
upright piano)
Sunday, March 12 @ 4pm, Headlong <http://headlong.org/studios/>, South
Philly (confirmed)
Monday March 13, 7pm @ University City Arts League
<http://www.ucartsleague.org/>, West Philly (confirmed, has an upright
piano)

You must submit a performance or rehearsal video of the work you want to
present.

You DO NOT need to be available ALL four nights to apply!

Application <https://goo.gl/forms/HYGBmNJhpp9okrbp1> and Application Fee
<http://paypal.me/VervetDance/10> must be submitted by 11:59pm on Saturday,
February 11 for consideration.

Applicants will be notified by 11:59pm on Saturday, February 18.

Apply Here: https://goo.gl/forms/HYGBmNJhpp9okrbp1

Application fee is $10 and should be submitted to Vervet Dance/Loren
Groenendaal via paypal.me/VervetDance/10

Questions: VervetDance at gmail.com or LorenGroenendaal at gmail.com

*Loren Groenendaal*
MFA in Choreography
BA in Dance and Visual Arts
Certified Movement Analyst
Founding Artistic Director of Vervet Dance <http://www.vervetdance.org/>
Founding Member/Curator of Impermanent Society of Philadelphia
<http://www.impermanentsociety.com/>
Founding Member/Artist in Residence of Mascher Space Cooperative
<http://mascherdance.com/>

Accepting secure tax deductible donations to Vervet Dance through Fractured
Atlas
<https://www.fracturedatlas.org/site/fiscal/profile?id=8174#about_project> to
support our ongoing expenses and upcoming projects.