[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Workshop this Thursday: Reclaiming PsychoPhysical Action & Voice

Scott Rod scotchrodrigue at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 15:18:19 EST 2017

Towards a Research Ensemble & Sing a Secret present an evening length
workshop,

Reclaiming PsychoPhysical Action and Voice

Thursday, February 9th, 7pm-10pm.
At The Whole Shebang! 1813 S 11th St, Philadelphia, PA 19148 map here
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/The+Whole+Shebang/@39.92697,-75.1635057,15z/data=%214m5%213m4%211s0x0:0x3ee75bb969fea420%218m2%213d39.92697%214d-75.1635057>
Special Rate $20. No one turned away for lack of funds.
Limited Space. RSVP to TowardsAResearchEnsemble at gmail.com
Details here: http://ymlp.com/zCmc6l

This premier collaboration between somatic practitioners Jon Stancato
<http://about.me/jonstancato> and Scott Rodrigue  will cultivate and focus
on deep listening while exploring their respective practices, Inside Voice
and Integrated Acts/Manifest Rivers.

Jon Stancato’s  Inside Voice <http://www.singasecret.com/about.html> allows
singers and non-singers alike to uncover the power and beauty of their full
5-octave range while developing a deep, emotive connection to their own
unique sound. Through exercises and group songs that are as silly as they
are revelatory, Inside Voice <http://www.singasecret.com/about.html> shows
that the only limits on our voices are the ones we impose on them and that
to work on the voice is to work on the self. You’ll learn to harness
powerful, heartbreaking, visceral, fragile, and otherworldly sounds you
never dreamed were inside you all the while dramatically extending your
range, building your confidence, and strengthening the emotional links
between you and your voice.  Inside Voice synthesizes Jon Stancato's
research and training in the extended voice techniques of Roy Hart/Richard
Armstrong and Thomas Richards/Grotowski Workcenter.

Integrated Acts and Manifest Rivers is Scott Rodrigue’s ongoing inquiry
into holistic psychophysical performance. This work asks how we can engage
our full selves in the moment of performance and action from a source of
acceptance and creativity. Together we will investigate what I call the
Four Virtues of PsychoPhysical Performance: Awareness, Presence, Surrender,
and Joy. Drawing on a decade of training from various Grotowski based
lineages, this work employs form and structure to approach the yet unknown. Bio
HERE <http://www.thinkingdance.net/about/who-we-are/Scott-Rodrigue/> (
http://www.thinkingdance.net/about/who-we-are/Scott-Rodrigue/)