[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Beginner Gyrotonic & Pilates 4- Class Series start this week! Plus: Foot and self-care workshops

Darcy Lyons darcydlyons at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 14:32:40 EST 2017

*Beginner GYROTONIC® Class 4-week Series *
*Saturdays  12 PM-1 PM January 7, 14, 21, 28*

*Start the new year with a new kind of exercise!*

4-week beginner GYROTONIC® series on the specialized equipment. The class
is designed for adults new to the Gyrotonic® Expansion System.
www.gyrotonic.com

Find how amazing it feels, and what it can do for you!
Founded by Juliu Horvath, in the principles of yoga, dance, tai chi, and
swimming, GYROTONIC® training is a series of circular and fluid exercises
that works the entire body through muscular, skeletal, and cardiovascular
stimulation.

In this 4-class beginner series, you'll get an introduction to the
Gyrotonic Expansion System. Each class will start with the essential
motions of the spine, move into the basic hamstring series, then into the
beginning of the upper body series, and end standing. This unique machine
helps the whole body stretch and strengthen at the same time. Reserve your
space today. Your body will thank you!

Watch this video for a great introduction to Gyrotonic:
https://vimeo.com/108535350

Limited to 3 participants.

*Beginner Reformer Class 4-week Series*
*Saturdays 11 AM- 12:00 PM- 4 Weeks- January 7, 14, 21, 28*

Have you been wondering how some of the Pilates apparatus works? Want to
spice up your workout with a new class?
Our Beginner Reformer Series offers a way to enter the group reformer
classes without prior experience with Pilates.

Our Reformer classes have only 4 students per class. That means you'll get
individualized attention and a workout tailored to your needs for the full
hour.

Limited to 4 participants.

Private lessons prior to the beginner series are strongly recommended, but
not required.

Both 4-Week Series for $100 (no drop ins)

To RSVP/register please contact Vitality Studio!
info at vitalitystudio.com
215.753.7153
or sign up online
vitalitystudio.com

*Self-Care Class with Jen Williams *
*Sunday January 9 and 29, 2017*
*11:30 AM- 12:45 PM, $30*

January is a great time for self-care! Please join us for some fun with
foam rollers, balls and other props as we explore self- massage techniques
to help maintain a balanced body. Jen Williams is a licensed massage
therapist, a personal trainer, a dancer and a MELT method instructor. In
this workshop she will combine her hands-on bodywork experience with her
other varied backgrounds and give you some smart ways to use props.

Join us! Open to all.

*Foot Workshop with Katie Jasmin*
*Sunday, January 15, 2017 *
*11:30 AM- 12:45 PM, $30*

The feet are the foundation for our entire body and carry us everywhere we
need to go! Let’s give them a chance to move, stretch and get strong –
especially during this busy and cold time of year when our feet hide inside
heavy socks and boots! In this workshop, we will learn about the structure
of our feet and ways to release and strengthen them using small balls,
therabands and our own hands. Katie Jasmin, a dancer and movement educator,
will combine her experiences from dance, Pilates and various somatic
modalities to provide you with easy ways to take care of your feet in and
out of the studio.

To register for the above workshops, contact Vitality Studio
215-753-7153 info at vitalitystudio.com
or online under "workshops" HERE
<https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/asp/main_enroll.asp?fl=true&tabID=8>

--