[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Dreaming Salon: Imagining an Economy

idiosynCrazy productions info at idiosyncrazy.org
Fri Dec 30 09:39:40 EST 2016

*idiosynCrazy productions'*

*Dreaming Salon series: Imagining an Economy*

[image: Inline image 1]

On two consecutive Mondays in January, we will host a pair of salons with
the *The Painted Bride Art Center* around the theme: Imagining an Economy.
The first salon, on *Monday 1/9/17*, will feature a panel of artists (to be
confirmed soon) presenting brief presentations on the economies they have
created for themselves. The following salon, on *Monday, 1/16/17*, will be
a workshop in which attendees collectively imagine and document an ecomonic
structure for the sustainment of health and rigor.

About a year ago, we began out conversation platform called Dreaming
Salons. These salons have been platforms for establishing, continuing, and
furthering conversations about the ways that art is woven into our worlds,
and embedded within the systems within which we operate. The salons began
as formalized conversation groups that took place in our living rooms,
around potluck meals - space and moments in time dedicated to thought,
discussion, energy around topics such as the social responsibility of the
artist, honesty and deceit in the arts, and compensation practices in the
field. Our next pair of conversations will be our first attempt to open up
these conversations to a larger community. Please join us!

Location:

*The Painted Bride Art Center*

*230 Vine Street*

*Philadelphia*

Times:

*Monday, January 9th, 6:30 - 9pm**

*Monday, January 16th, 6:30 - 9pm*

*panelists, to be confirmed soon, have been asked to address personal and
professional questions about how they create their artistic economies
within larger economic systems: how much money do they make, how much do
they ask for, how much do they pay others, what non-financial support
systems sustain them (or not), do they feel good about what they are paid
or what they pay people, etc.

Shannon Murphy and Jumatatu Poe

*idiosynCrazy productions*

info at idiosynCrazy.org