[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Dreaming Salon: Imagining an Economy

idiosynCrazy productions info at idiosyncrazy.org
Thu Dec 22 03:58:11 EST 2016

idiosynCrazy productions'
Dreaming Salon series: Imagining an Economy

On two consecutive Mondays in January, we will host a pair of salons with the The Painted Bride Art Center around the theme: Imagining an Economy. The first salon, on Monday 1/9/17, will feature a panel of artists (to be confirmed soon) presenting brief presentations on the economies they have created for themselves. The following salon, on Monday, 1/16/17, will be a workshop in which attendees collectively imagine and document an ecomonic structure for the sustainment of health and rigor.

About a year ago, we began out conversation platform called Dreaming Salons. These salons have been platforms for establishing, continuing, and furthering conversations about the ways that art is woven into our worlds, and embedded within the systems within which we operate. The salons began as formalized conversation groups that took place in our living rooms, around potluck meals - space and moments in time dedicated to thought, discussion, energy around topics such as the social responsibility of the artist, honesty and deceit in the arts, and compensation practices in the field. Our next pair of conversations will be our first attempt to open up these conversations to a larger community. Please join us!

Location:
The Painted Bride Art Center
230 Vine Street
Philadelphia

Times:
Monday, January 9th, 6:30 - 9pm*
Monday, January 16th, 6:30 - 9pm

*panelists, to be confirmed soon, have been asked to address personal and professional questions about how they create their artistic economies within larger economic systems: how much money do they make, how much do they ask for, how much do they pay others, what non-financial support systems sustain them (or not), do they feel good about what they are paid or what they pay people, etc.