[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] This Weekend at the Whole Shebang

The Whole Shebang art.at.shebang at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 11:38:44 EST 2016

THIS WEEKEND at the Whole Shebang, dive into action is primary with Meg
Foley!

action is primary
with Meg Foley
Sundays, December 11 and 18, 5:30-8:30pm
action is primary is an improvisational practice and mode of making in the
moment that examines how attention, imagination, embodied presence, and the
ghosts of our choices tumble through form (our form, the dance’s form) in a
constant play of regeneration and falling inwards and spilling out. This
workshop is open to all performers and artists interested in making in and
being made in the moment, intuitive processes, critical reflection and
intervention, dancing, moving, and relating. Pre-register!
<http://www.thewholeshebangphilly.com/take-classes/action-is-primary>

NEXT WEEK:

Amazonian Breathwork And Movement Play Practice
Saturday Dec 17 1-2:30pm
An hour long standing breath and bodywork practice, followed by discussion
with Jim Salerno. All proceeds go to Red Warrior Camp at Standing Rock. Learn
more
<http://www.thewholeshebangphilly.com/take-classes/amazonian-breathwork-and-movement-play-practice>
.

Trusting What Is facilitated by Asimina Chremos
Sunday, December 18, 11am-2pm
This workshop is offered for both inspiration and healing of creative
energies that are daring to express themselves in this era of
hyperproductivity. We can call ourselves artists, or we don’t have to call
ourselves anyone at all. Despite our abilities to pull new forms from our
imaginations, we must deal with reality, which, as it turns out, is quite
delightful and rich. Pre-register
<http://www.thewholeshebangphilly.com/take-classes/asimina>!

Primordial Qigong with Germaine Fraser
Thursday, December 15, 11:30am-12:30pm
Qigong evolved as a practice for improving and maintaining health, and is
the practice of generating and moving energy. This is done through breath,
healing sounds, movement and imagery. Pre-register!
<http://www.thewholeshebangphilly.com/take-classes/primordial-qigong>