[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Embodied Anatomy, Improvisation, and Butoh at Shebang this weekend

The Whole Shebang art.at.shebang at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 17:20:01 EDT 2016

Moving with cellular folds and particularity
grounding ourselves in what's present (and absent) to make
and moving our insides to a visible outside.

There are lots of ways to be in your body this weekend at Shebang..... COME!

*TOMORROW* *Embodied Anatomy with Nicole Bindler: The Cell - The
Cytoskeleton** 11am-2pm* -- Let's explore connective tissue in the micro
and macro...

In *The Fold*, Deleuze proposes that instead of being comprised of distinct
parts, we are made of a single thing with infinite folds, and we originate
as a simple structure that complexifies as we fold. How do we move to
connect to that experience of ourselves? $15 artists/$20 general.

FB here <https://www.facebook.com/events/1106679256041715/>.

*SUNDAY* *Trusting What Is w/ Asimina Chremos 11am-2pm kicks off with
Session 1: Ground --* Develop sensitivity, acknowledge your unique
subjectivities, and value your direct experiences as people who might call
yourselves artists

This sequence of seminars facilitated by dancer/artist/writer Asimina
Chremos is offered for both inspiration and healing of creative energies
that are daring to express themselves in this era of hyperproductivity, the
stresses of the artist/entrepreneur model, and ongoing oppressive
hegemonies. It is recommended to attend all four of these cumulative
monthly classes, although drop-ins are OK. $25 in advance/$30 at the door,
$100 for whole series.

FB here <https://www.facebook.com/events/662914853862459/>.

*AND SUNDAY Silent Dialogue with Ryuzo Fukuhara 2:30-5:30* - gain a finer
understanding and experience in transforming your ideas into physical
movements. $40
FB here <https://www.facebook.com/events/248867838842521/>.

more info at: http://www.thewholeshebangphilly.com/take-classes/