[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] This weekend! Two Embodied Anatomy Workshops

Nicole Bindler nicolebindler at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 18:21:24 EDT 2016

Hello Philly dance!

I'm writing to share with you two workshops that I'm teaching this weekend.
Both will include hands-on partnering, dancing in solo, duo, and ensemble,
plus lots of geeking out about anatomy.

Hope to see you there!
-Nicole

*The Cell: The Cytoskeleton*

Saturday, September 24th, 11am-2pm
The Whole Shebang
<http://www.thewholeshebangphilly.com/take-classes/embodied-anatomy-with-nicole-bindler>,
1813
South 11th Street
RSVP Here <https://www.facebook.com/events/1106679256041715/>, $15/20

This workshop covers the anatomy of the cell's cytoskeleton and its
relationship with the larger myo-fascial-skeletal system. The cytoskeleton
is a network within the cell, composed of three parts: mobile, tensile, and
support structures. Microtubules function like bones that assemble,
disassemble and reassemble scaffolding wherever the cell needs support;
microfilaments slide together and apart, enabling the entire cell to swim
in intercellular fluid; and intermediate filaments bear tension, reinforce
shape, and anchor the cell nucleus, not unlike fascia. The cytoskeleton is
continuous with both the cell wall and the larger fascial web, which
extends to every tissue and organ in the body. In the workshop, we will
explore these structures and relationships through images, discussion,
movement, hands-on partnering, and contact improvisation.

*Vision and Performance Practice - anatomy of the eyes and how we perceive
vision*

Sunday, September 25th, 3-6pm
Headlong Studios, 1170 South Broad Street
RSVP Here <https://www.facebook.com/events/304530256576177/>, $25

In this workshop we'll consider the difference between a sense and a
perception through our experience of vision. The senses occur in sensory
organs (in this case, the eyes) whereas perceptions occur in the brain (in
this case the occipital lobe.) We'll look at the pathways from sense to
perception and how our individual experience, values and history inform how
we see, perceive, move, and make choices as we dance.