[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] $15 tickets to Gala in the 2016 Fringe Festival

Anna Kroll anna at fringearts.com
Tue Sep 13 12:33:39 EDT 2016

"We have to be open to new performers, new behaviors, new cultures.” -
Jérôme Bel

A spectacle where the act of dancing, or the act of trying to dance, is
celebrated, Gala showcases the desire to dance without complexes.

Twenty local dancers take the stage, from professional dancers to first
timers—including children, teenagers, pensioners, people with disabilities.
Interpreting a series of dances across a range of eras, their performances
reveal each person’s desire to move, to strive for joy, perfection, to
transform with unabashed expression. With a simple framework, like an end
of year assembly, audiences become deeply connected to the individuals on
stage, their dance revealing a world of their own imagination.

“Performers shouldn’t be alienated by the piece. Performers shouldn’t have
fear. Performers shouldn’t be instrumentalized by me. Performers should be
emancipated by the piece.” - Jérôme Bel

*Sept 13 8pmSept 14 8pmSept 15 8pm*

Use code *artist15 *at check out for $15 tickets to curated shows like Gala
<http://fringearts.com/event/gala> by Jérôme Bel!

Previous Fringe Shows: *The show must go on*, *Pichet Klunchun and myself*,
and *Cédric Andrieux*.

http://fringearts.com/event/gala