[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] We're all a little bit stubborn - 9/24 & 9/25

Megan Flynn Dance Company mfdanceco at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 10:35:52 EDT 2016

*We're all a little bit stubborn*
Megan Flynn Dance Company
Conwell Dance Theater 1801 North Broad Street, 5th Floor
Saturday, September 24 at 7:30 & Sunday, September 25 at 3:00
Tickets: $15, available online: http://fringearts.com/event/li
ttle-bit-stubborn/

Call it dogged. Or determined. Passionate and tenacious. Megan Flynn’s
company of fully-embodied, physically articulate dancers present solos,
duets and small group works that engage the audience in an age-old debate
of nature versus nurture: Aren’t we all a little bit stubborn sometimes?

Formed in 2015, MFDC is a non-profit company based in Philadelphia that
strives to present contemporary dance works exploring authenticity and
celebrating vulnerability. The company, comprised of seasoned dance artists
from Philadelphia and New York City, is committed to engaging with the
community through performance and dance education, from traditional
theatrical stages to unique venues and public spaces. Recent performances
include: FringeArts’ Fringe in the Market at the Reading Terminal Market,
FringeArts’ Festival Launch Party at La Peg, Koresh Artist Showcase, and
Muhlenberg College.

MFDC garnered the attention of several dance writers following the
well-received premiere of “Dances with Socks” in the 2015 Philadelphia
Fringe Festival. Critics recognized Flynn for her “disciplined
craftwomanship” and “expansive, full-bodied dancing” (The Dance Journal,
2015), and MFDC performances as “a marley full of magnificent dancing,
reminding us that art strengthens community” (The Dance Journal, 2016).
Along with her “stellar group of collaborators” (Broad Street Review,
2015), Flynn tackles the complexity of stubbornness and how it shapes
individuals and relationships in “We’re all a little bit stubborn”. The
performance will feature an original musical composition by Alan
Terricciano.