[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Tangle's aerial dance in FringeArts: Surface Tension 9/14-17

Lauren Rile Smith lauren.rile.smith at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 16:53:26 EDT 2016

"Surface Tension" is Tangle's newest aerial dance theater-- part of the
Philly FringeArts Festival on Sept. 14-17!

Tangle’s aerial dancers balance a mix of trapeze, partner dancing, and
spoken word to explore life’s hidden currents, and ask how far we see
beneath the surface. A Tinder date turns into a rocky relationship in an
acrobatic duet that reaches the ceiling. A young professional works out
which face to show the world via a journey on aerial silks. And an advice
columnist scrambles into the air to hide her own personal crisis. Join us
at the 2016 FringeArts Festival for intimate balancing acts, awkwardly
honest confessions, and dynamic circus arts.

WEDNESDAY PREVIEW NIGHT: check out our special $14 tickets for September 14
at http://www.tangle-arts.com/tickets

Tangle Movement Arts presents
Surface Tension
2016 FringeArts Festival
https://www.facebook.com/events/767939210011588/

Wednesday, Sept. 14 8-9:30pm
Thursday, Sept. 15, 8-9:30pm
Friday, Sept. 16, 8-9:30pm
Saturday, Sept. 17, 3-4:30pm
Saturday, Sept. 17, 8-9:30pm

General Admission: $20
Student/Artist/Senior: $15

Surface Tension premieres at Christ Church Neighborhood House (20 N.
American Street, near 2nd and Market Sts in Old City). Tangle Movement
Arts is a circus arts company with a contemporary twist, whose work merges
trapeze and acrobatics with dance, theater, and spoken word to tell
multidimensional stories. Gregory King at the Philadelphia Dance Journal
calls Tangle's work a "stunning aerial display of strength, creativity and
imagination."