[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Fluid Joints and Contact Improv

Nicole Bindler nicolebindler at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 14:05:40 EDT 2016

Hello everyone!

I'm teaching this Sunday, 1-3pm @ Headlong Studios, 1170 S. Broad Street,
$10 drop in...

*August 21st - Synovial Fluid*

In this class we'll find strength through the mobility of our joints. The
synovial fluid allows for a moving support, rather than a fixed body. We'll
practice sequencing through the joints to find spirals and momentum.

*Nicole Bindler* is a body-based performing artist whose work is inspired
by her training in new dance, dance-theater, Contact Improvisation, Butoh,
Body-Mind Centering®, Yoga and Feldenkrais. Her work has been shown
throughout the U.S., Canada, Argentina and in Berlin, Tokyo, Beirut,
Bethlehem, Mexico City, and Quito.

Bindler holds a B.A. in Dance and Poetry from Hampshire College, a degree
in Muscular Therapy from the Muscular Therapy Institute, and certificates
in Embodied Anatomy Yoga, Embodied Developmental Movement and Yoga, and
Somatic Movement Education from the School for Body-Mind Centering.

She has taught dance, somatics and contact improvisation throughout the
U.S., Argentina, and at Contact Festival Freiburg, Germany. Locally, She
has taught at University of Pennsylvania, University of the Arts, Temple
University, the Massage Arts Center in Philadelphia, and several Yoga
Alliance Certified Yoga teacher trainings. www.nicolebindler.com

[image: Inline image 1]